Monday, July 10, 2023

Twas the Night Before Christmas….Tech Director Style

I wrote this several years ago and realized it was still in draft mode. So, let's call this a "Christmas in July" post! 


Twas the week before winter break, when all through the LAN

Not a server was malfunctioning, not even the SAN;

The WAPs were all humming in classrooms without fail,
In hopes that each person could open his email;
The students were wishing they were snug in their beds,
While visions of classroom parties danced in their heads;
And I in my office knowing technicians were on foot,
Had just found daily automated scripts gave proper output.
When out in the hall I heard such a clatter,
I jumped into action to see what was the matter.
What I saw was a problem, an issue with Flash,
But nothing that a download and reboot couldn’t dash.
A new shipment arrived, meaning projector bulbs on the shelf but
“Please, no hard drive crashes todayu,” I said to myself.
The tech team spoke few words and went straight to work
Closing out help desk tickets with a sly, grinning smirk
For in a few short days, a vacation is in sight
Happy Holidays to all, and to all...a good BYTE!

No comments:

Post a Comment